Monday 1 August 2011

Catching up on the catwalk.

I realised today that I haven't looked at the big designer's new collections for this season. So I did a quick bit of research. After a scan through the main big names, I fell in love with Gucci's new collection. It's a mixture of inspiration from 1920's English style, the American Prohibition period (Boardwalk Empire has played a part in this I'm guessing...) and a little 70's in the mix. I love it. It's so historical but with a modern twist, such as the red leather midi dress. And a perfectly cut white floor length, strapless gown. The most perfect, simplistic wedding dress I have ever seen. Completely plain, with a gather on one hip, creating a drape, flattering the figure to perfection. I can even almost feel the weight of the fabric from that picture; heavy enough for the fabric to fall gracefully but confidently to the floor, but still delicate enough to look feminine and floaty.


Last time I felt like this was over Burberry with their snakeskin leather jackets. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment