Monday 1 August 2011

First steps into fashion.

Having been in New Zealand for just over 3 months, I've landed a couple of amazing opportunities that I'm hopig are going to be my opening into the fashion world.


Firstly, I am now working in the New Zealand flagship store for Decjuba, an Aussie clothes company run by the lady who used to part-own the Cotton-On chain with her ex husband. It's definitely a step in the right direction as I'm finally working in women's fashion and for a company who are at the top end of the high street stores. The clothes are all beautiful and very unique. My favourites are the leather jacket, the Native in particular, which has incredibly flattering panels on the back which give the jacket a beautiful feminine shape. It's the best job I've ever done, as so much of it involves styling our customers and being very creative. I love the fact I'm working for a company who car so much about one-on-one customer service.


And secondly, I've got a place volunteering at the New Zealand Fashion week, dressing the models backstage. I'm so so excited about this as it's going to be a great insight into the industry. As well as being able to get a first look at the next season's fashions!

No comments:

Post a Comment