Sunday 5 June 2011

Auckland.

We got here yesterday and after a drama with the car (I bumped it.) we checked into the hostel which is just as crappy as the last. We've wandered around the area where we're staying and there's tonnes and tonnes of Asian shops and restaurants, which are great and fairly cheap. 

I just have this huge problem now when you feel like you've brought completely the wrong clothes. I feel so out of place! The Asian girls round here are dressed so well too, giving me real clothes envy. I feel like I need to get a whole new wardrobe, and I have major tattoo cravings. I think I'm going to get me 'Je ne regrette rien' on my wrist instead of the ribs. I want to be able to catch a glimpse of it and for it to be a reminder to me. Not something that's covered up all the time. Easy access! I'll leave my ribs as a canvas for something much bigger when I can afford it. And I really want my half sleeve done here as I found an amazing tattoo shop in Auckland. 

But back to the clothes. I need some big chunky cardigans/jumpers. Seriously, everyone is wearing them here, and I've got a cropped breton striped one but it's just not.... right. Missing home bad at the moment, and really missing London. There just isn't a place in the world like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment