Saturday 13 August 2011

Key piece for New Zealand Spring 2011

I'm finding it so exciting seeing the trends appearing in NZ. Working for a brand that is so on-trend is awesome too, as I get to see it first hand! 


So I thought I'd take you through a key trend I'm noticing coming through for the approaching season. Interestingly, bright, block colours are making a BIG appearance, much like they did for British summer 2010. This week I got a gorgeous silk tank top (left) from work, which looks amazing layered over a black or grey slip or camisole. This particular top is cut beautifully like many of Decjuba's clothes and is slightly longer at the back so it can be worn easily with leggings without showing too much butt. I also love the little breast pocket detail. Other bright items we had delivered this week is a beautiful cobalt blue dress, a fuschia pink strapless number and as well as another dress in the same shade as this tank. 


As it's an Aussie brand, Decjuba tend to be very fashion forward in a way that a lot of NZ brands aren't, embracing the catwalk trends with full throttle. And another piece of good news, I've got my timetable through from the Fashion Week! I'm so excited about being able to get right in there behind the scenes of such an important event in NZ's fashion calendar.  I hope I can learn a lot and make a tonne of contacts!


No comments:

Post a Comment